And now a versatile blogger as well! I was tagged for this award by Kathleen, who writes a great blog at Autismherd. The rules are that I have to
bore entertain you with 7 things about me and then pass this on to 7 other bloggers.
Do any of you really want to know more about me? Probably not, but it would be very bad manners I think to ignore an award, so here we go.....
1. I am now one year old. Well my blog is. I started it so I would have something entertaining to do as the PACUB campaign to save child benefit was finishing. It's been fun and I've learned so much and made a lot of mistakes, still at that of course.... And for the 99% of you who never read my first post and wondered about my blog’s rather odd name, it comes from an old saying of my Granddad.
2. My eyebrows. During the 1970s eyebrows gradually vanished. Mine just grew more bushy and straggly by the year - much like my hair - until I knew I had to do something about them. But being impatient, I didn’t bother to find out how you pluck your eyebrows. I just went at them with the tweezers, thinking I was great altogether. On arrival in class the next morning I was greeted by open mouths and then the girls started to titter. I’d plucked them the wrong way......from the top. I’m not sure what happened next, but I hope I got a very long fringe cut in....
3. I like to see the world in soft focus and apparently that's a good idea! It all started when it was discovered that I was very shortsighted at the age of 8 and presented with the most disgustingly awful NHS specs you've ever seen. So I only wore them to look at the blackboard and later to drive. People got used to me squinting and passing them in the street. Eventually I had to wear lenses/glasses all the time - to make sure I was chasing the right toddler! But when I tried full strength lenses, it was a shock. Did the world really have so many sharp edges? I actually felt sick and insisted on a much lower strength - but still legal. And so my eyes have had to work harder and have deteriorated less, I found out this week....and everything and everyone looks soo much more attractive in soft focus :)
4. I don’t wear lipstick, ever. It makes me look like a .......
5. I used to be on time for everything. Now my middle name is 'late'.
6. Watching too much TV is bad for your career... From all the outtake programmes I thought I knew how TV people behaved, there are always lots of takes aren't there? And giggles and fluffing your lines. Well that's what I thought. So sadly after one session recording a piece as a continuity announcer - which took a loooong time - I was never invited back. TV career: finished!
7. There's lots of funny stories that I can’t tell you about - though my friends might - cos I have a rubbish long-term memory. I look at it as proof that I’m not old yet! I also burned ten year’s worth of diaries on my 18th birthday, just before leaving home. Kinda regret that now, though since pseudonyms were not involved, perhaps it’s just as well.
Now I'm supposed to find 7 blogs to pass this onto, but sadly a lot of the blogs that I enjoy don't seem to be active or to take part in awards like this, so I'm going to chicken out!