Okay, I lied. I'm back. But I may be just popping in. I'm taking part in this week's Listography. And it's for a very important reason....see No 1. below.
So here are the top five phrases that drive me crazy:
5. 'We offer the lowest fares blah blah blah', from the chief executive of a certain airline whose low fares I've never managed to enjoy because I usually have to fly at short notice. Of course I still have to put up with the awful conditions and sneaky charges that the cheap ticket people obviously don't mind.
4. 'I'm not tired.' Something I've been hearing from different children for the past 19 years. I know they're tired. I wish they would just stop saying it and go to sleep!
3. 'He needs a good smack'. Said by people who see my aspie boy in meltdown.
2. 'We are where we are' - used by Governments right now to justify whatever cuts they plan to make.
1. 'There is no such thing as autism'. This unbelievable statement was in yesterday's Irish Examiner ** along with a lot of other upsetting stuff about it all being the fault of the parents etc etc. Please don't be fooled. I think this is the start of a campaign to undermine support services for all vulnerable people, before they are cut, as they were in the UK this week.
** It's also on my Facebook page.
Home | Simply Homemade | Hi there, welcome to Simply Homemade. I am Nicola, wife to one, Mammy to five. We, my family and I, love food and every occasion is celebrated with food. I also have a slight obsession with cookbooks and cupcakes. Well, you cannot have a party without cupcakes, tea without cupcakes, life without cupcakes. It simply wouldn't be right. I hope you enjoy my blog, sit & stay awhile; and enjoy some cake!
Sweet Potato Ginger Bread - The title isn’t a misprint, I have indeed being making ginger bread with sweet potatoes and it has proven a big hit with….wait for it…..everybody!! Oh the ...