I have a confession to make. Lots of lovely bloggers have been tagging me for awards and memes since Christmas. And I've just let them pile up. It's not that I don't really appreciate them. I do! Its just that other stories keep popping into my head and I can't help it. I have to get them out there. But guilt has finally caught up with me, so today I am going to fly through all seven in one go....
Even the madly busy Jazzygal, who has just finished her work on an amazing-looking production of the musical Footloose, found time to tag me for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much Jazzy!
As usual I have to answer a few questions...
Favourite Colour? Blue of course :)
Favourite Animal? I have no idea, I don't think about animals very much.
Favourite Number? Oh I'd think I'd have to say 50, as things can only get better right?
Favourite Drink? As Jazzygal said: 'You mean there are people out there who don't know my favourite drink?' Coffee of course, followed closely by wine ...
Facebook or Twitter? No way could I choose, they are completely different.
My Passion? Something I have to rediscover after years of firefighting, just trying to get through each day. Maybe this will be the year when I finally get time to look at my life and what I want to do - just in time for my second half century!
Giving or Getting Presents? I like giving presents if I really believe that I have found something special, but that can be difficult. For me the best presents are the unexpected ones, they always brighten up your day.
Favourite Day? The last day of term, when I get to switch off the alarm clock. Of course the children often wake me up at 6am or earlier anyway, but at least there's the chance of a lie-in.
Favourite Flower? Red roses. I love everything about them: the drama, the romance, the danger, the film...
I was also tagged by Bottle-in-front-of-me over at Random Pearls of Wisdom for the February Sunshine Award. But since I'm a month late and the questions are almost identical to the Liebster Award, I hope he'll forgive me if I pass on this one...
- What's the worst present you've ever been given? A set of three towels for my 21st. And they had flowers on them, really not me at all.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Paris, because I've never been there.
- What's your most embarrassing moment? Too many to mention.
- If you won £45m on the Euro Lottery (like that young couple did the other week), what would you do with the money? Not so long ago I would have said a round the world trip, or making a film or even rescuing a factory. Now I'd have to do something a little closer to home. I don't know what is going to happen to Smiley when she turns 18. She won't ever work, and she can't entertain herself, so I think she needs a school for life and that's what I'd like to set up for her and children like her. And a special secondary school for kids with Asperger's syndrome as too many of them drop out of school because they can't cope.
- If you weren't with your partner/boyfriend/husband/significant other (or, if you aren't with anyone right now - bonus!) and you could have one date night with someone else, who would it be and what would you do? Very hard to choose just one. For first dates I prefer day time? There's less pressure. Actually I'd like someone who would just accompany me on a typical weekend day. Someone who would really help with the children, fix stuff that breaks (this seems to happen every day) be interesting and entertaining and be able to cook. Does this mythical person exist? I'm not sure...
- Football or rugby? Rugby. I'm from Wales, remember!
- If there was a film made about your life, which actor/actress would play you? Oh having just seen The Hunger Games, I'd have to say Jennifer Lawrence, who I loved in Winter's Bone too.
- Do you prefer a wild night out or a quiet night in? This is very embarrassing as I am definitely old enough to know better but as I'm now a stay at home mum and carer, I yearn for wild nights out.... and very occasionally get to enjoy one.
- Is there one television programme that you couldn't live without in your life? No. Well so long as you don't get rid of my internet connection too. In fact if my ex-husband hadn't been so into his telly I would have thrown it out as soon as I saw Angel getting interested.
- If you could turn back time, what would you do differently? Go to my best friend's wedding (I was sick), learn to ski, change the way I handled the most difficult situation of my life in 2006...
- What's your guilty pleasure? A firelog burning away merrily in the grate, my laptop, my rocking chair, the telly on low, and a glass of wine. Something to look forward to all day once the little ones are in bed.
And here's another 11 questions from the lovely Lucy...
1) If there was such a thing as reincarnation, what would you come back as? A man.
2) What is your favourite sandwich filling? Real prawns and mayo.
3) What's the most pain you've ever felt? The day my baby nearly died.
4) What advice would you give your teenage self? Cream cakes and cigarettes will not improve your life.
5) How many friends have you got? Lots. I couldn't count them as I'm not sure how you decide who is a friend and who is someone you like, but perhaps they don't consider you to be a friend.
6) What is the last lie you told? I don't really tell lies. When I was about 14 I lied outright to my parents when they asked had I been smoking in my bedroom. That's the only real one I remember.
7) What is the worst film you ever watched (so I know to avoid). Closer. Horrible people being horrible to each other.
8) Do you think George Clooney is overrated? Not so far..
9) What trait do you most deplore in yourself? My inability to grit my teeth and just get on with the housework.
10) Do you get the giggles? If so, what type of thing induces them? Smiley giggling :)
11) What in your life has been the biggest waste of money? The car I bought for work three months before I was let go.