I've been set a task in my yoga class to find three reasons to be cheerful and three good things in my life, excluding the obvious stuff - family, friends, food and freedom. Every week for six weeks. So I'm going to hook up with Mummy from the Hearts weekly #R2BC linky to make sure that I actually do them!
Three reasons to be cheerful:
1. Smiley's IEP (individual education programme) was such a pleasure to attend. The staff at her school have nothing but lovely things to say about her, smiling was mentioned a lot, and I heard about some new abilities. I can't wait to try the Talking Tom Cat App with her at home (apparently she loves it).
2. A school meeting about aspie boy which confirmed that he WILL get the services he need in secondary school next year. Such a relief.
3. Coffee with an Irish friend that I haven't seen for more than 10 years, because she lives in France. It was lovely to catch up.
Three good things in my life:
1. The hedge planted by my neighbour that divides our front gardens. It really brightens up my day whenever I return home.
2. My new €99 electric fire because I can't justify the time or cost of lighting a real fire in the living room every night when I often spend less than an hour in there:
3. The Rainbow Junior Arch Club: even though Smiley is 16 on Monday and the oldest child by far, she still loves going up there, and today is the Halloween party and her birthday party combined. It's going to be fun :)