Do you ever wonder what your children think of you? Perhaps you don't want to know. But despite our difficulties here, we do love each other, so I decided to ask them what - if anything! - was cool and groovy about me, after seeing the idea on Kate on Thin Ice (see below). To cheer up a dullish midterm break dontcherknow.
If Smiley could talk, she would only say nice things. I just know that. You see she learned long ago that a winning and persistent smile is usually more effective than whinging or screaming if you want to get your needs met long term by people who care about you.
So I asked my two speaking children, and luckily they were able to come up with a few things....
1. She is 'sweet'.
2. She went on a rally car driving course for her 40th birthday.
3. She is smart.
4. Living in dodgy areas for 'the experience'. With money in her socks and walking home carrying bottles.
5. Helpful: she lets me wear her thermal socks.
6. Cool 1980s clothes that she lets me wear.
7. Good at baking, especially Brownies!
8. Running the London Marathon.
9. Always supporting the big decisions I've had to make.
10. Lots of enthusiasm when she get excited about something, and then she can't stop talking about it.
Can you guess who wrote which?
This post is inspired by the fab Groovy Mums initiative by blogger Kate on Thin Ice to help Mums to find and feel better about themselves.
New Bob the Builder coming on Milkshake! on Channel 5. - Tomorrow morning UKMums.TV is holding a twitter frenzy between 6.30 and 7.45 to celebrate the brand new Bob the Builder TV series starting on Milkshake! on...