Today is turning into one of those days when all my ideas for activities are getting the thumbs down. Never one to avoid a challenge, I decided to see if I could fill up some time with a bag of rejected cornflakes.
Now don't say chocolate crispy cakes, because crispy and my special needs daughter do not go together!
I needed Google. Which, as usual, came up with something useful: a recipe for No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Corn Flake Bars.
With a little bit of tweaking, I was able to turn it into something that was fun to make and eat..
1. We crushed the cornflakes
2. I put some smooth peanut butter, honey and sugar in a pan. Smiley held the handle...
3. Smiley took pan over to the stove so the ingredients could be melted together.
4. Back at the kitchen table, the crushed cornflakes were added, plus a little boiling water to soften them.
5. Then I spooned the mixture into little fairy cake cases and topped them with a little chocolate buttercream made with cocoa powder to stop them being sickly sweet! Smiley certainly thought they looked tasty.
6. And the verdict? A half hour well spent, I think...
Reasons to be Cheerful - Happy Mothering Sunday #R2BC - Lucky me, the girls made me breakfast in bed Happy Thursday friends, How are you doing? I'm having a funny old week. there is nothing particularity wrong...