- I survived another birthday.
- I began running again post op and I swear that I can run faster without being weighed down by sweaty, steamed up glasses.
- Inspired by my friend Jazzygal, I am trying to switch off the laptop more often. But that is because I'm busy. Whether I'll be able to keep it up over the summer, I do not know.
- Being able to put my sunglasses on my head when I go into a shop instead of scrabbling around to change to another pair.
- An unexpected present from Netflix.
- Smiley graduated from her special school with a wonderful ceremony that included lots of cakes and tributes to all the school leavers. Her smile, her sociability, her love of life - and chocolate - were all mentioned and celebrated. They even made a video, full of pictures like these:
- Angel got her degree result - a first - well deserved after all her hard work.
- The teen did well too this week, he was out and about almost every day, and even attended Smiley's celebrations.
I will be hanging on to all these reasons next week when Smiley is wheeled off the school bus for the last time. If the world really cared about people like my daughter, she would never have to leave. She would be able to stay in school forever, still learning, still enjoying, still smiling.