So I need some reasons to be cheerful, don't I? And here they are:
- Still loving my new eyes, even though they're not perfect.
- Still loving the later starts in the morning.
- A shopping trip on my own, even if it was to spend a small fortune on teachers' presents, which they totally deserved of course. It was even sunny.
- I have a very happy Smiley who seems blissfully unaware that she is not going back to school. And by special request here is a video of her being happy. Please excuse the Sophie, I know it's not age appropriate, but she does like it.
- A shopping trip with one happy Smiley, one disinterested teenager, one anxious learner driver and Mum trying to direct proceedings from the back seat (don't ask, I don't even know if it's legal).The good thing was that I made it all work and the kids came home happier. Perhaps we should do it more often (no laughing at the back there please).
- And another shopping trip. This one to Newry as a treat for my eldest to celebrate her degree result. Sadly the costs associated with the trip meant that I didn't make the usual savings, but it was a lovely day.