Reasons to be Cheerful - Happy Mothering Sunday #R2BC - Lucky me, the girls made me breakfast in bed Happy Thursday friends, How are you doing? I'm having a funny old week. there is nothing particularity wrong...
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
The Leibster Award
I haven't done one of these award thingies for a long time - but I love reading them and finding out more about the person behind the blog, so perhaps you feel that way too?
Thanks to All Past Midnight for this nomination. She writes a blog that I only discovered recently, and in her own words is a mid-thirties stay-at-home-mum to two children, one with ASD.
To take part in these things you're supposed to obey a set of rules, but I don't like obeying rules so I've broken some of them as usual...
1. Acknowledge and thank the person that nominated you.
2. Use an award image to add to the post.
3. Answer 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate up to 11 blogs
5. Don’t forget to let them know!
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
I'm nominating the following bloggers to answer the same questions as I have below, because some of them made me think, and I can't come up with any better ones:
@amodernmommy1 at A Modern Mommy's World
@4WallsRainyDays at Four Walls, Rainy Days
@BumblesofRice at Bumbles of Rice
@GlitterMamaBlog at Glitter Mama Wishes
Here are my Qs and As:
1. What’s your blog all about?
That's impossible to answer really as it's whatever is in my head on any given day. Though there's lots of special needs, politics and emotional stuff: I was thrilled when a fellow blogger recently described it as eclectic. It won't win awards that way but it keeps me entertained.
2. If you could interview one famous person for your blog, who would it be?
There are so many that I would like to interview, it is almost impossible to choose just one. I suppose I would like to interview someone who is famous but not to me. Maybe someone from another part of the world completely, so it would be a new story to me and to my readers.
3. Is there a a specific turning point in your life where you could have found yourself living an entirely different life?
Probably the time I choose to work for a small publishing start up instead of a smallish computing company called Microsoft!
4. What’s your favourite way to spend a day out?
The beach, always the beach., but not necessarily on a hot summers day: I love it when it's sunny but even better when it's cool and windy too, when it's just me on beach and the only sounds are my footsteps crunching in the sand mingling with the crying gulls and crashing waves.
5. What’s your favourite time of year and why?
These days it's Spring, because it's full of hope.
6. If you had to spend a year living abroad, which country would you choose and why?
The US, because I'm both fascinated and repelled by it, I'd love to see the country and get the chance to understand American people better.
7. If you could be an expert in any hobby, which would you choose?
Self defence. Just in case. My daughter is becoming an expert in Krav Maga and I would love to learn that too.
8. What’s your favourite book and why?
The Lord of the Rings *runs and hides*. And the why is a whole post that I am already writing. I bet you can't wait.
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
The power to heal any disease or disability.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Seeing Europe in a wheelchair accessible camper van or caravan with my special needs daughter. I'm hoping it will look something like this amazing transformation.
11. Why did you start blogging?
Because I need to write, but had no reason to do so after I lost my job.