- Realising that emotional upset does ease, even though you don't believe that it will when you're up to your neck in it. Important to remember on World Suicide Prevention Day.
- Helping a friend to move house combined with a driving lesson for my daughter. Proud multitasker here!
- First time I ever had to put a car through the NCT (Irish equivalent of the MOT) and it passed, even though I did nothing except remove the hub caps and send it for a service. Memo to self: do not be cynical about pass quotas and revenue streams...
- Made myself go to an autism mummy coffee morning and was very glad that I did. And I will still call myself an autism mummy even though I stupidly read a blog post yesterday that suggested that doing so makes me more likely to murder my child. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
- Rescued a heavily chewed but pretty top from the bin with a bit of slash and stitch. So now Smiley will be able to wear it for bit longer.
- Evening help for two hours a week and it's making a huge difference - I no longer feel like a zombie by 9pm on those nights! Best of all, Smiley is loving having someone new, young and enthusiastic on her care team.
- Delighted to be shortlisted in this year's Blog Awards Ireland. The blog is in the parenting category, which isn't entirely appropriate, but if you want to throw a vote my way, I'd really appreciate it.
Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SG5NYKT
|Methinks these awards are aimed at business bloggers...|