But first there was St Patrick's Day. Smiley was at home, except we weren't at home, as she was invited to take part in a local parade, once again. I *may* have shared most of the photos already, but just in case you missed them, here she is again, showing just what a great day she had.
- My van that I don't love at all - and so rarely wash - got badly splashed with mud on a recent road trip. Out of sheer embarrassment I knew that something had to be done. But preferably not by me. So I immediately thrust a tenner into the hand of the earnest car washer in the supermarket car park when he approached. No sales patter required, and I now have a lovely shiny car.
- The day that everyone got up without persuasion and left the house at the correct time. So much extra free time and so much less stress. I still had to get Smiley up of course (with help).
- Waking before the alarm, to the sound of the dawn chorus. Spring must be here.
- This blog post on caring featuring on the front page of the giant Mumsnet website on March 16th. Shocked doesn't begin to cover it.
- My exercise regime (the gym, running and a little yoga) is really paying off: despite eating large amounts of chocolate, I'm feeling a lot fitter, and I've now ducked under 11 stone.
So maybe things are looking up. I hope they are for you too xx