- A problem with Smiley's hoist got fixed. My son did it on his own initiative.
- Eating cake with Smiley and watching 'Holiday Homes in the Sun' after a busy day. It may be my favourite programme ever. Calm, relaxing and sunny escapism. No grit, no anger, no manic presenters, and usually no rain either!
- Winter jasmine in the spring sunshine - the only plant - apart from ivy - that survived the big 2014 garden collapse.
- My son saying that his face was aching from smiling so much over the Easter holidays. Humour really works here and helps to make things happen, especially bad puns and silly sarcasm.
- Doing a spot of slow parenting in Tesco with Smiley. Taking our time, showing her everything, explaining what I'm doing, dancing to the piped music, and letting her choose something for herself. It was much more fun than usual.
- All four of us sitting down together for a family dinner on Easter Monday afternoon. An hour and a half of good food, great chatter and lovely company, with everyone actually at the table. Another step forwards that some of you will recognise.
- A new toilet roll fairy has joined the team. It's a part time position at the moment, but I hope they'll become full time shortly!
- A planned picnic became a stroll and a sandwich for one, but I really enjoyed the break and a reminder that special needs does not completely rule my life and I shouldn't let it either. It's not good for me, and it's not good for my children.
So Easter here was pretty good, I hope it was for you too.
Check out Lakes Single Mum for more reasons to be cheerful.