- A nature photography challenge that provided the perfect level of distraction - here's one shot that didn't make the cut.
- Smiley won a competition for a Hairy Baby apron via Saucepan Kids. She wears aprons when attempting to self-feed and when helping with the baking. I think she likes this one!
- Yes the sunshine was wonderful, but it involved a lot of watering, which is now being handled by the Irish weather. As a result, things are happening in the garden, seeds are germinating, most of my pot plants are looking healthy, and the weeds are not winning. There may be smug photos soon...
- The Junior Cert examination survival kit for Mums: I have it on good authority that this particular red wine from Lidl never causes hangovers, though I've yet to test that theory thoroughly!
- I went to a few hours of the Inclusion Ireland conference for people with disabilities and their families and attended a fantastic workshop on severe and complex needs where I actually met other similar families and heard similar stories, it was very comforting. And a bit empowering too.
- After weeks and weeks of feeling ill, I *may* be on the mend. This could also be connected with my first reason to be cheerful as nearly everything seems to be connected to my stress levels. Hopefully this is the start of life getting better again.
Lots more reasons to be cheerful over at Lakes Single Mum.