I know that cooler temperatures will not please all my friends, so I will be celebrating with a guilty conscience. But a heatwave is not much fun for this family. It's the only type of weather when my stage of life becomes sweatingly obvious. The children don't enjoy it either, and none of us can sleep well, so to keep the temperature in the house bearable, I mostly stayed indoors with the windows and doors open and the curtains drawn trying to keep the house as cool as possible.
Now it seems to be over, so I can venture out more, and leave the curtains open!
So that's my first reason to be cheerful for this week's short post. Here's the rest:
- The bed - a new addition to the kitchen that is already making a difference.
- The Rose festival - a lovely afternoon out with friends and Smiley too of course.
- The GAA (Gaelic Games) championship matches have begun in the nearby sports stadium, so it's getting very busy lively around here at weekends - and if I'm tired and busy, I don't need to take Smiley far from the front door to keep her happy and entertained.
- A couple of hours in a local pub with some friends old and new. Lots of laughter...
- Taking a short break in Costa with a Mocha Latte (my latest obsession) and a blog post popping into my head all ready to be typed up on my phone. Gotta love technology!
Hope you had a good week too. For more reasons to be cheerful, head on over to Mummy from the Heart who is hosting this linky for the month of July.