But I'm cheerful too:
- Angel made the Sunday dinner - and kept her brother and sister company which meant that I was able to go for a long run.
- Hanging out the washing in the balmy early morning, with a soft breeze and the birds singing.
- A trip to Henry Street with Smiley - her favourite place and free to visit!
- Two lovely people on twitter helped me to overcome my procrastination and start hanging a trellis in the garden. And I surprised myself by finishing the job two days later.
- An unexpected shopping trip to Dundrum with Angel.
- Working on a master list of activities for Smiley to prevent us from missing events that happen regularly (and Facebook hides them from me, of course).
- A new candle to remove unpleasant smells. This one really works and looks nice too.
- I'm running better than I have for years and managed 11.3 km in 77 minutes at the weekend.
- A brief but companionable wander round town with my son.
- A supported swim with Smiley at her old school. Less stress for me, more success for Smiley. I feel the need to write about it too, so watch this space.
- Sunshine and sea views when I drove home along the coast road.
- Seeing other special needs parents in the media standing up for the rights of our children, whether under or over 18. Watching their determination and bravery helps me to keep going.
Head over to Mummy from the Heart for more reasons to be cheerful.